MACNICA, Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively, the "Company") protects the personal information of its customers, business partners, employees, shareholders and other persons in accordance with the following Policy on Protection of Personal Information.
- The Company has established internal rules and regulations with respect to protection of personal information. These rules, as set forth in the Company's employee manual, are intended to educate and train all Company employees and service providers in this area. In addition, the Company's policy to enforce security measures is well-known and understood by its employees and service providers.
- When the Company requests personal information from any party, the use of such information will be clearly defined, and the Company will seek to limit both the extent of personal information obtained and the scope of its use in accordance with the purpose for which it is requested.
- The Company does not disclose personal information of any person to a third party without such person's consent or unless such disclosure is required by a court order, or administrative or judicial body.
- The Company's security measures are intended to limit the risk of unauthorized access to personal information (including loss, destruction, alteration or leak of any personal information) and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. The Company continuously strives to improve its program to protect all personal information.
- Company personnel are available to investigate and address claims from any customer with respect to unauthorized disclosure of personal information in violation of the Company's personal information protection program.
The Company handles all personal information as follows:
- The Company acquires personal information only in accordance with applicable laws, and uses personal information for the purposes set forth below:
- To provide the Company's products and services to the customer
- To introduce the Company's products and services to the customer or potential customer
- To invite the customer to attend seminars and exhibitions held (hosted, co-hosted, supported or sponsored) by the Company
- To administrate the Company's stock plans and stock issuances
- To recruit and select job applicants
- To respond to inquiries or requests from the customer
- For such other purposes as may be agreed by the customer and the Company prior to the Company's acquisition of such personal information
- The Company will not disclose personal information of any customer to a third party unless;
- prior consent of the customer is obtained, or
- it is necessary to provide such information to the manufacturer or supplier of products related to the customer's order (including without limitation in connection with maintenance service agreements for products delivered to the customer or license agreements for software products delivered or made available to the customer), or
- the customer has consented that the Company may outsource work to a third-party vendor whose work complies with standards established by the Company, and
- such disclosure is made in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- For disclosure of content, correction (including addition and deletion) or suspension of use of personal information provided to the Company, please contact "Query Station regarding Personal Information".
Secretariat of Information Control Committee, MACNICA, Inc.
April 1, 2009